There is a lot to be said about having this little blog. It’s a stress relief, a sounding board, an avenue to meet fantastically new people, and every now and again you wake up to a wonderful surprise. Saturday I was nominated for the WordPress Family award by the lovable missamanthajill.
I sqweed a little bit.
I am so honoured to be nominated. Two years ago I started this blog because I read somewhere that it was a good idea for authors (would-be or otherwise) to have a digital print. It quickly became my outlet for the frustrations of writing, drawing, and life. I’ve met great people, gained experience, and learned what does (and does not) work for me when I’m in the middle of writing a book.
(putting it out to the world before it’s ready counts as one of those facepalm lessons).
Now, there are a few things I must do upon accepting this award. On the plus side, you get to learn more about me!
Here are the rules:
1-Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you and link him/her to your blog. [X]
2-Nominate 10 other bloggers. [X]
3-Copy, paste the award logo on your blog. [X]
4-Answer the questions given. [X]
First, the questions!
- What is the meaning of life?
To write. And write and write and write. And to understand that self-actualisation comes infrequently and usually when it seems like nothing is going your way. Things ARE going your way, you just don’t know it yet. Life is about getting through the labyrinth and enjoying the hedges along the way.
- What is happiness all about? Your state of mind. Are you miserable? That’s your fault. You can make yourself happy by just TRYING to make yourself happy. There is always a way out of a bad situation (speaking from experience) it takes work to be happy. It’s easy to be miserable.
- Why did you start a blog? Because I read somewhere that an author needed a digital imprint.
- What is more important in your life: relationships or fame? Relationships. The world becomes intrusive when you’re famous.
- What is the one thing you like about blogging? Having someone/thing to yell at when things aren’t going my way.
- What is the best decision you ever made? To write. Professionally or otherwise.
- Do you believe that unconditional love really exists in any kind of relationship? Yes. I have a dog.
- Do you believe in Karma? If yes then what are the good and bad Karma according to you? Yes. I have to believe in some kind of retribution for people who are cruel and those who wantonly destroy the environment. Because if there isn’t, well that just wouldn’t be fair.
- Do you believe in rebirth or afterlife? If yes, then why? Why not? I wouldn’t mind being a bird in my next life.
- What is the best moment of your life? Getting out of the Navy, going to England/Ireland/Poland, winning my first blog award.
Now for the ten other bloggers:
6. Emlyn Chand
7. Merry Farmer
10. Ella Medler
Now, in other news, Annie’s edits are exactly 50% done! I have her slated to be finished and handed off to beta readers by the end of the week so my weekend can be filled with A DANCE WITH DRAGONS. Because I have to know what happens.
Following that, I have chores to do.